Change payout bank account

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I purchased this shopify account from another person.  We changed all the information we could think of, however, we forgot to change the payout bank bank account.  I didn't realize until a few months later.  I have contacted the last owner of the account, and they are not responding.  I have finally made some sales, and if I don't change the account, the payouts will go to him.  

Can a shopify rep help me out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey James!

I had this problem as well- if you go to settings > payment providers > manage in the Shopify payment section you can change the payout bank for there. Hopefully that helps you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply!  I tried that.  I have to put in the old bank account number and routing information, which I don't have.  I tried contacting the last owner, but I'm not getting a reply from them...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JamesAZ!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I can definitely help you out with this. If you've not reached out to one of our live support channels I'd be happy to send you an email to get this process underway.

Let me know if we can proceed via email or if you've already opened a ticket with our support team.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey there! i recently opened my new store and as i get sales and today is supposedly my payout day. The payout sent to my bank account failed.

i probably accidentally wrote the bank account info (wrong numbers) into the setting of my sstore. 

Therefore now i cant receive the payout because i have to retype the wrong numbers again to change into the new correct bank account info i want to use to receive payouts.

Wish one of the support team could help me with this asap! thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

Hi, @ItsDustine. No worries our support team can definitely help you with this.

You might have to get in touch with our live support team via phone, chat or email to get this sorted right away as our forums aren't answered live, but I can send you an email directly myself if you haven't been able to reach out to our live channels yet. You'll just need to reply to this post to let me know.

Remember that this will need to get escalated to our accounts team in order to securely help you with this change so it can take 1-3 business days to correct this on your account.

Let me know if you'd like me to send that email to you and we'll get this underway ASAP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Need to change account and routing number for payouts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

@Ocmobilemechani I recommend following the tips found in this post to change your account numbers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I need help switching my bank accounts. I know where to go but there's an issue I would like to talk to someone. also the link for chatting with an employee doesn't work......

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

@Adamlearnyoung thanks for the comment. For your sensitive situation, I suggest speaking directly with our Live Support team. We have advisors not just in chat, but also on email, callback (when blocks are available), and social media. 

I have a quick post here on contacting support with a direct link to the available contact options page.

Before you connect with someone live, I'd also recommend checking this post here to make sure that you've not missed any areas to locate the bank account numbers you had in there previously.

0 Likes