Change store currency and update prices

Solved
MarkC
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi!

Some background:
I'm making a shop and still don't have purchases.
I have set the prices in ILS but wanted to automatically change the currencies to the local currency for any visitor. that wasn't really a problem as I used an app that did that great! 
The problem occurred while checking our, the prices were in ILS, I read about that issue in this forum and I understand that you can't edit the checkout unless you have the expensive shopify plan or shopify payments, which is not available in my country(so I'm using paypal).

The problem:
I have decided to just change the default currency from ILS to USD but when I change that setting, only the symbol changes, for example if something costs 200ILS it changes it to 200USD when it should be about 58.8USD.

questions:
Is there an option to change at once all my items in the shop to USD, including updating the price?
If not, is there a way to change the cost of all variations at once? My variations are mostly sizes so there isn't a cost difference between them and it's so annoying to change variance prices one by one when there are items with 5-30+ variance and about 75 items.

Thank you! I hope you will be able to help me ( :

-Mark

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2052 334 448

This is an accepted solution.

Hi There!

Best thing to do would be to export all your products using Shopify's Export option inside the "Products" section, switch the price and reupload the CSV to modify the prices using the import command while making sure to update products with same handles.

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
MarkC
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you so much!!! I was troubleshooting this for days and was about to take out a calculator and sit on the products on by one haha, you're a life saver!
Didn't even think about this simple solution!

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2052 334 448

Repetitive work always has a solution, never forget that! Cheers mate!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com