Change the currency after the first sale

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I would like to change the currency of my shop after the first sale happened, could you please assist me in that?

Thank you & best regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 45 51

Hey, @mnafache.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out to Shopify!

Before changing the currency, I'll need to let you know of a few things that might occur and the steps you need to take after I make the change. Since you have already made a sale with a different currency, these main impacts might occur for you:

• Reporting
When changing currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processing, that would show as $500 in reports. Say the next day you switch to CAD, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. So there's no clarification between currencies if the currency symbol is the same as before and since $1 CAD is not equal to $1 USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

You can, however, set a “date range” for the data they are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch.

• Product Pricing
Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 CAD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

• Apps
Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing currency. If you need to know if this will affect any of the apps you have listed on your store, you will need to reach out to the app developer directly for more info.

Making any adjustments to your product pricing needs to consider in the currency difference. You will also want to review your product pages, themes, etc for currency information, that might need to be adjusted. Note that refunds will be processed in the new currency.

If this is okay with you, please let me know and we can proceed with the next steps! Thanks! 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Elias, 

Thank you for your e-mail,

The website was under testing and the sell which has happened for the old currency have zero value.

I am not able now to change the currency I should contact administrator could you please give me any contact so I can continue updating my site.

Regards, 

Maher

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 45 51

Hey, @mnafache.

Thank you for the follow-up and my apologies for the late response. If you haven't contacted Shopify Support and have your currency changed yet, I'd be happy to further assist you. I've located your store and I've sent an authentication email to the the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the email and reply to it. Once I've authenticated your account, I'll be able to enable the change of currency for your store. Thanks!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes