Changing 'On It's Way' Email?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am wondering if there is a way to change the email that gets sent to our customers when we fulfill / ship their orders?

Right now, when we purchase the shipping labels for orders, our customers automatically receive an email that says "Yay, your order is on it's way! Track your package here: _________________________'

The problem I have with this is that most of our international customers opt out of purchasing a tracking number at checkout. We give them the option, though, as we are in Canada and shipping with a tracking number to the US is a lot more expensive. 95% of our US customers choose NOT to purchase tracked shipping. But then they get an automatic email saying "Woohoo - track your package here!'... and then we deal with irate customers who can't track their package (because they didn't purchase one), and yesterday we got blasted by a US customer who accused us of taking her money and not shipping her product.

Is there a way for us to change the default email that gets sent to customers when we fulfill items? We want them to be notified, but we want it to say "If you purchased a tracking number, track your order here!" or something to that effect.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
750 60 167

Yes you can edit your email templates in Settings > Notifications.

You can also use liquid variables if you need to do conditional logic (like show certain text for certain order properties). Reference for available variables: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/notifications/email-variables

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

THANK YOU! Its all changed now - I appreciate your help!

0 Likes