Changing Shipping From address on mailing labels

Highlighted
2 0 0

After printing the first mailing label, I noticed my physical address is listed as my return address. I updated my PO Box via Settings - Locations. However, my physical address is still showing on labels shipping with UPS. Is there another step required for the return address to reflect my PO Box for UPS? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
109 9 15

Hey @kay1234,

This is Finley from the Social Care team here at Shopify. I appreciate you reaching out today!

From what you shared, I understand that you need to change the address shown on your UPS return labels.

UPS address requirements

I understand that ideally, you'd like to have your PO Box address on your shipping labels, instead of a physical address. UPS has specific address requirements, one of which is that they can't process shipments to or from a PO box address.

As a workaround, do you see the option to create a return label with USPS instead? This should be the best way to purchase a return label while continuing to use your PO Box address.

Updating your address with UPS

UPS keeps the address you entered when you first signed up for UPS with Shopify. The address won't automatically be updated when you change your address under your Shopify Admin > Settings > Locations.

Instead, when you navigate to the Locations section of your Shopify admin and select your default address, you should see a banner like so:

20-11-nfpxb-zdvxh.

To update the address that UPS has (to a non-PO Box address) we will need to contact UPS with these details. If you decide that you would like to update this to a different street address, please let me know, and I'll be able to get this process moving forward.

Any questions about this? Feel free to ask. I'm more than happy to help wherever possible.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes