Changing a payment method once an order has been placed

Liz_Newton
3 0 0

Firstly I LOVE shopify - it's brilliant.

I really only have one issue and here it is:

My 'shop' sells training events that health professionals register to attend.  Many pay immediately and upfront with a credit card but others (particularly those whose place is being paid for by their employer) select "pay by cheque or bank deposit".  I then issue an invoice.

Problem is, many organisations' accounts departments then ring through with a company credit card to pay the invoice, but there is no way of going in to the order and changing the payment method.  

At the moment, I am having the cancel the original order and then run it through again and using the card number I am provided with.  It's time consuming and means that organisations are reliant on me being available to go through the process with them over the phone.

Having an option to change payment method to credit card after the order has been placed, would be brilliant.  Any ideas or plans for this to happen in the near future???

0 Likes
Ideatags
Shopify Partner
28 0 16

Hi Liz,

We have a Shopify App that automatically creates invoices from your orders. One of the new features that we want to add to it is an option to pay for invoices using PayPal or credit card. Payment of an invoice by customer will then automatically update order status in your Shopify store.

Would this be something that could solve your problem?

Thanks,
Norbert

We turn ideas into apps. | www.idea-tags.com
Liz_Newton
3 0 0

HI Norbert

This is definitely something I would be interested in!  So it is an electronic invoice that they can then log in to and pay using credit card - this then "talks" to the shopify order and marks it as paid?  Is that basically it?  Does your app also generate invoices/receipts for those who have already paid upfront?

The reason I ask is at the moment, I use Orderlyprint to generate my invoices.  If I don't need that app - just yours then I would cancel that subscription.

How soon before you have developed this new feature and it's up and running?

Please let me know 

Cheers for the response

Liz

0 Likes
Ideatags
Shopify Partner
28 0 16

Hi Liz,

Yes, our app also generates invoices for orders paid upfront, and these invoices are automatically marked as paid.

We want to add a new feature that will allow customers to pay your invoices online using credit card or PayPal. This will in turn also mark corresponding Shopify order as paid. We should have the new version ready in about 2 weeks time, I will let you know then.

I was just wondering - which payment gateway do you use at the moment with your Shopify store?

Thanks,
Norbert

We turn ideas into apps. | www.idea-tags.com
Liz_Newton
3 0 0

Hi Norbert

Well this sounds awesome!  At the moment I use SecurePay as my payment gateway.  It provides me with the best deal and is one of the ones that is preferred by my Bank, so if I needed to change that in order to use the app, I would probably be unable to do so.

Cheers

0 Likes
esalesnique
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi We have a similar question - the customer has actually paid via Afterpay, while Shopify order was processed wrongly for EFTPOS payment, how should we correct this as I dont' want afterpay capture that payment again from shopify.

Cheers

0 Likes