Changing currency for certain products/Is it possible??

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys,

I am running a shopify store and looking to start advertising to Australia too. At the moment I advertise to UK only and that means I sell my products in UK currency, but as you all know, Australia has its own currency so I figured I could change the currency when advertising to the different countries.

Any ideas how to do it??

I would appreciate the help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
414 39 114

Hi @AdirK1,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. The easiest thing to do here is add a currency selector to your store, which will allow customers to browse your store and view product prices in their local currency (or currency of their choosing). This is most commonly achieved via the use of an app such as Auto Currency Switcher, which will use the customer's IP address to automatically display prices in their local currency, although there are many apps available on the Shopify App Store that you can consider which offer this sort of functionality.

If you use one of these apps, please bear in mind that even if an Australian customer is able to view products and add them to their cart whilst their prices in AUD, the prices would revert back to GBP when they are checking out as this is the default currency on your store. If you are using Shopify Payments as your store's payment gateway, however, you can enable your store to sell in multiple currencies, meaning a customer in Australia would be able to view products, add products to their cart and checkout all in AUD, even though your store's currency is set to GBP.

There are some considerations to make before making this change, and you would also not be able to use the third-party currency apps mentioned above as currency selector on your store—we have more information on adding a currency selector on your store without the use of an app here.

I hope this explains your options, but please let me know if you've more questions on this!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes