Changing paypal displayed email, how to change?

paul-
Excursionist
55 0 54

I created my store with my personal paypal account. It said in Shopify when I got my first sale I'd get email/instructions on what to do.

However, more than a dozen sales later no emails or instructions were ever sent. I logged into my personal paypal to see all my orders had been paid in. I don't want my personal paypal associated with my store, so I created a new business paypal account. 

This new business PP account has 2 emails. Primary businessemail@mybusiness.com and a secondary email info@myshopifystore.com. 

On my store in settings > payment providers. I deactivated the old personal PP account checkout. Then I added the new PP business account, giving the login/ email as info@myshopifystore.com and logging in.

It linked up fine, however. In shopify it displays the linked account as businessemail@mybusiness.com rather than info@myshopifystore.com. 

I want it to be the later. Which email will be displayed to customers at PP checkout and in disputes etc?

If I have 4 shopify stores using the same PP account.I figured I'd be able to have a different email for each one, given PP allows up to 7 email addresses per account.

Replies 5 (5)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @paul-!

Don here from Shopify.

Could you let us know where it is you see this email you have linked to your PayPal account displaying in your Shopify admin?

If there is more than one email address attached to your PayPal account and you want to use a specific one of those for Shopify purposes, you will likely have to talk to PayPal support about this as third-party gateway integrations like this are created and supported by the gateway company, rather than by us here at Shopify.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

paul-
Excursionist
55 0 54

Untitled-1.gif

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once again. 

Thanks for that image!

I would definitely advise you to reach out to PayPal directly in this case to see what info they can provide on which email address from your account would be passed through and used here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GlasBoutique
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi, I know this thread is old but I was looking for an answer to this exact same problem and this post showed up. I finally figured it out myself and wanted to share it in case someone else came looking for an answer. 

If you have multiple email addresses on your PayPal account, you need to go into your PayPal, change whatever email you want to use as "primary". 

Deactivate PayPal on your Shopify account then activate it again. Once you activate it, it will route you to paypal to type in your email and password.  

Hope this helps. 

fazil4fazi
Visitor
1 0 0

thank you, sir,