Changing return address on shipping label - Help!

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

New user here - we just launched this weekend and had some sales -- when printing the shipping labels the return shipping labels continue to have our home address even though yesterday I set up a PO Box (displayed as a street address through USPS). I added the location in settings with no stock tied to it and also have it marked as the Shipping origin in shipping settings. Am I missing a step in getting it set up right? Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 75

Hey!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help.

The address that the return labels would pull your address from is the one you fill into the Shipping Origins box in Settings > Shipping > Shipping Origin. Would you have more than one location set up for inventory? As it may be pulling your address from a second location.

I can check this out for you if you like! Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and check out your account.

Speak soon!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello Ava - the support ticket number is 12538055. - Jason
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 75

Thanks so much, Jason!

I've just replied to your email there, could you take a look? If you reply to the email I've sent, we can keep chatting there.

Speak soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello - I am having this same problem... did you receive any help? Changed my Shipping Origins, etc., after a recent office move. Return labels are still showing my old address (however, outgoing shipping labels are correct). Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello - I am having this same problem... Changed my Shipping Origins, etc., after a recent office move. Return labels are still showing my old address (however, outgoing shipping labels are correct). Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 75

Hey there @dfsc10!

Ava here from Shopify :)

Can you let me know how you changed and saved your new Shipping Origin address? Also, can I ask how you are creating the return labels? Are you creating them like this in the admin - 

17-35-a4it6-elnqq

Or are you using an app?

Let me know and we can take things from there!

Ava

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi there,

Is there any way to have the return address on the shipping label a different address from the shipping origins? I'd like to ship from my home, but have my return address be to my PO BOX. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 75

Hi, @emsinatra!

I'm afraid there is no way to separate these addresses for different shipping labels at the moment. The shipping origin is set to be the return address. Would you be able to set your PO box as your shipping origin?

Let me know!

Ava

Social Care

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I'm having the same issue except Shopify isn't verifying the address of my P.O Box address which is preventing me from using that address in the shipping rates section. Any help here, please?

Thanks!

Brandon :-)

0 Likes