Changing store currency with no luck

Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi There, 

Im looking to change my store currency, its said need to contact support team from Shopify, however, when I click it every time, it will going back to where I start. Try feedback and refresh it, but doesn't help, can some body help here.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 91 148

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you today?

I'd be happy to look into this with you. Have you already made a sale on the store? If so, we will need to assist with the currency change. 

This feature is locked in the admin if you have already made sales, even a test order. The reason for this is so you can reach out to our support team and chat with us about the effects this will have on your business if you were to change currencies after sales have been made.

- Reporting: With changing between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had €500 processed, that would show as €500 in reports. Say the next day, you switch to USD, the report would still read as €500 for previous processing. Since €1 is not equal to $1USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

- Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. For example - €20, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

You will have to manually reprice all of your products.

- Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you would like to know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you will need to reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

Let me know if you still want to go ahead with the currency switch, and please share your MyShopify URL with me here!

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Thank you for your reply Cal!

Yes, I will need your assist for the currency change as I already made some sales.

Can I have your email so the I could send you my information?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 91 148

Can you share your store URL here, so I can email the account owner directly with more information about the currency switch? Alternatively, you could contact our live support here, and they'd be happy to assist with the currency switch. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

My URL is donnieye.shopify.com, please contact me, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi Cal,

Do you need more information from me?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 91 148

Hi @Alxxcheng, can you double-check your MyShopify URL for me, as I can't seem to locate a store for 'donnieye.shopify.com'. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

lets try https://www.donnieye.com , feel free to email me at alex@destroythecosmos.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi @Cal,

Can you  access to the site, feel free to let me know!

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
829 91 148

Hi @Alxxcheng. I've just emailed the account owner for the store with more information. I'm awaiting their response now.

Thanks! 

0 Likes