Charged $29 DESPITE closing my store during trial period

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I started a store to test drop shipping, unfortunately it didn't go very well so after 5 days or so i changed my store to something along the lines of $0/month, store is inactive for 3 months, after this it closes. I chose this option because i did not want to revisit the store as the success was not there. However i woken up this morning to a transaction from shopify for $29 (£22.91), i'm shocked to say the least. 

Please is some one able to issue a refund?

(Store)

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 74 124

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to look into this transaction, and investigate a refund here for you but I will need you to close the store, and don't forget to disconnect your domain! 

You can read the steps on how to close your store here

Once it is closed, let me know, and I can email the account owner's email address about the potential refund for this subscription charge. Thanks! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I have tried to close the store, now it's asking for my password. What password is it because i've used the same password as my store log in and it's saying inncorrect. I know it's right because im using google and ive gone to my saved passwords and seen exactly what it is and typed it character for character and its not working. It doesnt have a change password option either. This is quite stressful as its not working as it should and i dont just want my refund.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 74 124

Hi again, you can learn how to reset your password, if necessary, here. Try using a different browser if you are still having issues. Let me know when you have the store canceled and I'll investigate the refund for you. 

Thanks! 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Cal,

I've managed to change my password and close the store.

Thanks for the tips, you've been very helpful. i am the store owner too so should i expect an email from yourself?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 74 124

I have emailed the account owner with further information. All the best! 

0 Likes