Cheap/ reliable international shipping

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am the owner of winsomejones.com and was wondering if anyone has advice on the best international shipping methods? We are trying to integrate international shipping onto our site, but I'm struggling to find it at a reasonable price. For the most part all of our orders are less the 2 pounds. On UPS and Fed EX it was showing cost of about $90!!! Ridiculous! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
133 0 8

Hi Lyndsey,

There are a few tricks to get this lowered. First thing is creating a business account with your shipping provider, either UPS or fedex works best. I prefer UPS myself but either or is fine.

That nets at minimum a 16% discount for the shipping. BizArmour also works with another program we've built for our merchants which gets them another 25% discount on the shipping. So when you combine the two you're looking at a 41% shipping discount, which brings the shipping rate down into the $50 price range for your orders.

Now that wont 100% correct your international shipping issue. I mean looking at your site a lot of your tops are $30 or so, when you're customer goes to check out and sees $50 shipping they will still likely abandon the cart.

What you want to do is setup free shipping on orders of a certain price. This way you can go in and look at your profit margin overall on your items and find the appropriate high limit to set on the free shipping.

Another smart tactic would be to avoid your % discount + free shipping promotions on international orders. At least the shipping part.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes