Checkout in different currencies

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi all!

We would like that our checkout not to show the standard shop currency EUR, but the local currency of the customer so he can pay in his local currency. A type of multi currency checkout.

Example: A customer from USA want to buy some products. On the website, the customer sees his local currency USD (since we have an app for it that changes the currency depending on the country of origin). He go through the cart to the checkout. Now it has again to appear the local currency of the customer (USD). However, it is still displayed to Eur. This is because Shopify does not allow changes to the checkout. 

Is there a way to get around this and display the checkout in the customer's local currency so that the customer can pay in his local currency?

It should be solved via one shop and not several and also without using Shopify Payments.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
260 24 30

[Edit: It's only possible with Shopify Payments]
Hi @TomFG 
Yes, it's now possible to enable local(multi) currency checkout. Here is very details guide about it https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/setup
feel free to ask if you needed any help!
Regards,
Jivan

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: suhagiyajivan1992@gmail.com
Give a try to Shopify APP: https://apps.shopify.com/short-track
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @TomFG!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Whether or how this might be possible will depend on which payment gateway or gateways you are using, which will, in turn, depend on where in the world your store is based.

If you can confirm in which country your store is based, we can provide a full list of the gateways available for use there so you can start to research your options and which of those companies' gateways might support multiple-currency checkout for your region.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Our store is based in cyprus.

We use checkout.com as payment gateway.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi again @TomFG!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Thanks for that info!

You can see all the gateways available for use in Cyprus with your Shopify store here.

If you have already selected Checkout.com as your provider, you would just need to contact them directly to ask about their ability to support multi-currency 

checkout.

Should they not be able to support this type of selling, you can proceed to research and contact your other options as listed above.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Don!

Thank you! I will ask checkout.com :) 

Best regards,

Thomas

1 Like