Checkout leads to "Bad Request"

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

After choosing products, clicking Check Out, error page "Bad Request" populates with no other information on what could be happening. I'm new to Shopify and trying to launch my site. Any advice? Not finding any articles with a solution. Using Debut theme. https://happyeverythingyarddecor.com/ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 55 155

Hi @trblissit,

Thank you for getting in touch. Can you tell me which payment gateway you have enabled on the store? Does the "bad request" error occur as soon as you proceed from the main site or cart page to the checkout, or later in the checkout flow?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Victor, my payment gateway consists of Shopify Payments and PayPal. And the "Bad Request" page shows up when I add an item to the cart, click View Cart, then click Checkout. Once Checkout is clicked, the error page populates....so from cart page to checkout, if I'm following you correctly. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 55 155

Hi @trblissit,

Okay, thank you for confirming that. I added a product to the cart on your store and tried to proceed to the checkout, and I received the same error message. Have you made any edits to the theme's code? If so, what changes have you made?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I haven't attempted to make any changes...I don't know where to begin. I've tried researching this issue for days but haven't found any similar problem from someone else. Should I change themes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 55 155

Hi @trblissit,

Right, okay. I'll need to take a closer look at this to determine the issue, so I will send an email to you shortly and we can discuss this in more detail. Please look out for my email and get back to me there.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Victor I am actually experience the same exact error using the debut theme. Were you able to find a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 55 155

Hi @Amessam,

Thanks for reaching out. I believe the issue turned out to be theme related. Can you please let me know if you see the same issue occur when you preview a different theme on the store?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

No exact answer was found or provided, but it was suggested that I change themes because something in that theme was damaged or affected by something. Possibly an old app? I changed themes and everything worked properly. Hopefully that helps you too. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 55 155

Hi @trblissit,

Great, thank you for confirming that. It's likely that some stray or incorrect code caused the issue, which can often happen when an app is not uninstalled correctly.

Kind regards,

0 Likes