Choose local pick up options at checkout

Solved
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1119 75 180

Thanks for your question, @nway and thank you @DebP for your response! It sounds like you have a lot of products to import. I want to let you know that you can import even more product inventory in bulk by using a CSV file.

CSV files help you export your store's information into a file that you can open up in a program of your choice (I recommend using Google Sheets) so that you can make adjustments. You can then import this file into your store to save your changes. Check out our help doc on how to export and import your inventory CSV file: Exporting or importing inventory. If you prefer watching a video, then you can view our YouTube video tutorial here: How to Edit Inventory.

Let me know if this helps you accomplish this!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MargueriteJ
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Tira, this seems like a helpful response. I have an adjacent issue to the original poster: we also stock inventory at only one location, and we want to offer a second pickup location in another city where we do not and will never physically stock inventory. If I'm reading your instructions correctly, to offer the second pickup location we would have to 1) create the location in Shopify and 2) add inventory to that location. But if we did that, we'd have an inaccurate inventory count. In the picture below, for example, I'd have to add an item to the "Red Lodge PickUp" location which would bring my inventory count to 2, when I really have only 1 of this product.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.01.45 AM.png

Is there a workaround for stores that only have one physical location that stocks inventory? 

Thank you.

Marguerite

JulieWipeout
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Marguerite, did you get an answer to your question? I also only hold stock at one location but would like to offer multiple collection points, without adjusting stock levels to be inaccurate. Julie

0 Likes
MargueriteJ
Tourist
8 0 1
Unfortunately, no. We did research on third party apps and found that there
were a number that could suit our purposes, but it got too complicated to
address during Q4. We might take it back up in February and will I update
you if we do!
0 Likes
RichardS1
1 0 0

Did you find an app? 
We have the same problem. We need to add several locations but do not stock at those locations. 

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
93 2 8

Hi @RichardS1 , @MargueriteJ , @JulieWipeout ,

Hopefully you found an app that works for you, but in case you didn't, please take a look at Curbside Pickup Guru. We specialize in having multiple pickup locations where you don't want to manage inventory individually (i.e. You don't want to use Shopify locations for inventory management at each pickup location). Feel free to checkout the demo store or learn more via this video.

0 Likes
MargueriteJ
Tourist
8 0 1
We ended up abandoning the concept, both for lack of a solution and
apparent lack of interest in the community in which we wanted to set up a
separate pickup site.
0 Likes