Choose local pick up options at checkout

Solved
DebP
Tourist
5 0 3

I have added two locations for pick up under the "Settings/ pick up" tab, however, there is only one option when customers go to check out.  We only keep inventory in one location, however, we have another location for pick up only.  How do I set up the option for customers to choose where they want to pick up?

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 139

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DebP.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

Good question. If you're looking to set-up local pick-up for your locations then you can set-up Local pick-up for online orders and have inventory stocked at both locations. I appreciate that you've already set-up your pick-up locations. There are also some things to set-up before you can successfully use the local pick-up option on your store. You can check out what these are in our help doc here: Before setting up local pick-up

To add inventory to your locations, you can follow these steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

- Click on Products > Inventory 

- Select the location you wish to edit

- Click on the checkbox next to the products you wish to edit

- Click on "Edit variants"

- In the bulk editor, you can check, "Stock at this location" and then you can adjust the quality as needed 

Our help doc has the steps listed here: Assign inventory to locations. We also have a video that walks you through step-by-step to set this up: Stock inventory at locations in bulk

Once you set-up inventory for both locations, you should be able to see these locations available at checkout for pick-up. 

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DebP
Tourist
5 0 3

It still took a little time fiddling around with the products, but the tips you gave me worked!  Thank you Tira!  

FillGood
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi there, I have this problem too.  I have stock at all of my location (3 locations) however only 1 location shows up at checkout.
I have followed your instructions however everything was already done to your requirements.  What else can I do? TIA

Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 139

Hey, @FillGood.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm happy to take a look at this for you and I appreciate you doing some troubleshooting on your own. Thank you! 

Before I can dig in, I'll need some information:

- Does this occur when different products are added to the order, or does it occur with a specific product? If there's a specific product, could you please provide the link so that I can see if I can replicate it on your store? 

- Did local pick-up show up before? When did this start happening?

- What are your locations?  

I look forward to your reply!

0 Likes
FillGood
Tourist
3 0 3
Hi Tira,
I am unsure if this problem occurs with different products. It seems to
happen for all products.
Only once did the local pick up options show up and they disappeared at the
next refresh.
Thanks for helping - it is really urgent as we are in lockdown and I need
to get my pick up options sorted out
0 Likes
DebP
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi FillGood,

It took a little fiddling around after Tira explained what to do.  Here's a step by step of what I did...

1.  Under settings, click locations

2.  Click add location & add all 3 of your locations.

3.  Click on products & choose one.

4.  Scroll down to where is says variants.

5.  Go to section that says "showing _ variants" & "edit variants".

6.  Click in that area.  You should see "open bulk editor" & click on it.

7.  Click on "add fields".  Add your locations & save.

8.  You'll have to follow this procedure for every product.

9.  What I did to make sure it was working before going through every product was to go to my website, put the product I just edited in my cart and went through the checkout procedure until it showed shipping,  I clicked on that and saw all the locations to choose from.

I hope this helps!  Good luck!

Debbie

Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
876 47 139

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for getting back to me, @FillGood and thank you @DebP for stepping in to help!

I just wanted to check in if the steps that @DebP helped? If they didn't, could you please provide your myshopify.com URL and a screenshot of what you're seeing at checkout (with any personal details blurred out) with the error? I would like to do some troubleshooting from your store.

Chat soon,

nway
Shopify Partner
17 2 1

hi 

In stead of fixing product one by one like that, can't we do with inventory csv format. I tried to export & add quantities for every stores. but still not showing all pick up store. so I check that product and do according to your instructions and it's work. 

But I have 1500 products, so I can't fix one by one. if you know better way could you tell me please?

DebP
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Nway,

I'm a small business owner who was asking for help.  After following multiple steps and fiddling around on my own, I found a solution that works for me.  I couldn't figure out how to fix everything at one time, that's why I did it one by one.  I think this is a question for one of the admins.  Good luck!

0 Likes