City wise shipping rate

Highlighted
7 0 0

Seems this has been discussed many times before, I see a lot of posts about this, but no solution to this problem.
I optimisticly assume shopify staff would have noticed this and prepared solution by now.

I see shipping zone can be further specified to provinces.
So if Indonesia has 33 states, we can set 1 shipping per state.

However, because some states are very big, one city's shipping rate and another city's shipping rate (within the same state)  can be very different. One can be very expensive and another can be very cheap.

If we set the higher price, it would be unfair for customers order from the cheaper shipping rate city.
and if we set the cheaper one, we can end up in losing money in shipping cost.

How do I setup rate per city wise in shopify ?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
317 21 44

Hey there, Ajay!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I totally understand where you are coming from and I can assure you that our developers are aware of the need for this by our merchants. It is something that they are working on implementing, we do not currently have a timeframe for this just yet. We do however have some app alternatives that will allow you to set shipping rates based on ZIP Codes / Postal Codes instead.

Real-Time Carrier Calculated Shipping is required to use the following applications. This module is available by default on Advanced and Plus Shopify plan. If your store is on a lower plan you are able to get it for an add on of $20 per month on your current plan. Alternatively, you will be able to avail of this feature free of charge by switching to annual billing and requesting Carrier Shipping from Shopify Support.

With an annual subscription, you pay for the year upfront so you don't have to worry about the month to month running cost of your store and you get a 10% discount on your subscription and Real-Time Carrier Calculated Shipping for free. CCS is usually billed at $20 per month but as it's free with an annual subscription you will be saving $240 in addition to the 10% you'll be saving on your plan.

Postcode Shipping Extension is an app that would allow you to determine shipping costs based on the customer's postcode. This app is $10/month and comes with a 7-day free trial.

Delivery Rates by Zip Code has the same functionality, also costs $10/month and comes with a 14-day free trial.

Parcelify would be one of our best-rated shipping apps at the moment, this app only costs $7.99/month and comes with a 30-day free trial.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes