Claiming PayPal funds

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I only had a personal paypal account linked to my Shopify account. A customer paid via PayPal express and I have no idea how to claim those funds. They do not show up under Shopify Payouts.

The account that the funds were sent to was the initial email I had registered with Shopify. I had since updated that email address however the email I received after the PayPal order was processed showed that the funds were sent to the initial email address.

My problem is that I have been locked out of that PayPal account (initial email address) for years and have no way of accessing it because my bank account number on that account had also changed.

Is there any way to get these funds sent to my current email address?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hello, Fauzia. 

Leon here from the Shopify Support team.

If you're unable to login to your existing PayPal account, in order to claim these funds, you may need to reach out to PayPal directly. The funds were not sent via email - rather a notification was sent and the funds are safely held at PayPal and can be claimed by providing them with some information from the order. 

If you go to the order in your Shopify admin and scroll down to the Order Timeline click the line that says "A $XX.XX payment was processed on PayPal Express checkout." and it will expand more information including the Authorization Key. Shown here.

By providing this Key, and your Shopify store information to PayPal they will be able to help you claim those funds and set up your PayPal business account. 

You can contact PayPal via their Support Page

If you need further assistance with this please reach out to the Shopify Support Team.

Cheers,

Leon

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks I got it sorted out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I had the same issue but when I contact Paypal directly they were not able to sort this out. Very confused, please advise.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Did you ever get this resolved? I currently have this problem and have been getting the run around from Shopify and Paypal

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

How do i Payout my money to Paypal?

0 Likes