Claims of Non-Delivered But With a UPS Delivered Scan

Highlighted
25 0 0

Hi there,

How do you guys handle a situation where a package has a delivered scan but the customer claims they never received the order? We have dealt with fraud of this type on Amazon (where it is rampant) and we contact USPS and get the GPS coordinates confirmed. When we let the buyers know we are contacting USPS Postal Inspectors the package often magically appears. Are there any tips on dealing with this known type of fraud on Shopify? I have read in the past a delivered scan with a GPS match is all you need to protect yourself against a chargeback, does anyone have any experience with this and can confirm that is the case?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 64 124

Hi there @Jeffrey_Shelton!

Don here from Shopify. :)

If you encounter a chargeback for an order made in your store you will have a chance to respond to that chargeback before it is resolved by the customer's bank or card issuer.

For chargebacks on orders made via Shopify Payments, you can get more info here.

For info on chargebacks, in general, check out our help doc here

These cases are considered by the customer's financial institution but the more info and evidence you can supply from your end the better case you will have.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes