Client checkout shipping location via map pin or something like that in countries without addresses?

4 0 0

hi, i copied the code everything went well except for the red pin it didnt get to the center of the map why? (also will i get the coordnates after the client orders)

0 Likes

You need to manually upload the red pin SVG to your store files and change the URL to that SVG. 

https://bitbucket.org/martinhalik/map-for-cart-shopify/src/master/google-maps-pin.svg

0 Likes
4 0 0

the svg file couldn't be uploaded to shopidy files why??

0 Likes
4 0 0

hello, i uploaded the asset , but it's URL didn't work 

0 Likes
4 0 0

it's good , it works fine now :D

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi John, thank you for your help with this matter. I live in South America and I'm trying to resolve the same issue. I have seen on other Shopify websites that the Google Map is included in the "Cart" section, which serves the purpose. My question is, how do these stores do that? I've seen a pretty cool one that forces you to select a location on the map or else you can't move on to the next step. Is there an app for this? Hope you can help me with this question, for people who live in third world countries it is a critical point. Here is the link of the store I mention: https://manjardeoro.com/

0 Likes

It's done custom by Shopify Experts or local developers through editing the theme template code and using Javacript. We do that as well (soundsgood.agency) and charge $500 per solution. In case the store owner wants more changes then the price is higher.

1 0 0

Hi Jasser - I see that you managed to implement this on your own site. Could you perhaps help me as well? I've implemented the code, but there are some issues with receiving the lat/long coordinates on the backend. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Hi, Our team at Ship Sketch is currently testing a new feature to allow customers to select their location on map at checkout.

The Ship Sketch app allows you to define your shipping rates by drawing the delivery areas on a map. With the new checkout map feature customers will drop a pin on the map at their delivery location. Then when checking out they will see the appropriate shipping rates based on the location they select. The map the customer sees can also be configured to show your delivery areas and only allow the customer to select a location within a delivery area.

This new checkout map feature is not publicly available in the app yet. We are looking for stores who are interested in using it and providing us with feedback. If you are interested please send us an email at support@omatic.app, and we will get you setup.

You can see a demo of how this works at shipsketch.myshopify.com, use the password "demo" to login.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Thank you to all the stores that helped us test and improve the checkout map functionality in Ship Sketch.

We are pleased to announce that the functionality is now available to everyone who installs the app. If you require any assistance getting things setup please email us at support@omatic.app.

0 Likes