Combine shipping.

Whiteforest
Tourist
15 0 1

Hello

ive come over from Etsy and have to say whilst Shopify is great, the Etsy shipping profiles are a lot easier to do!

im trying and failing to get my products to combine shipping at checkout.

for example I ship one  small product for £2 and one large product for £10 they are adding together to make £12 shipping. I want them to add together to make only £7 shipping cost. 

Each product is in a different profile just in case that is relevant information. 

Can anyone help please.

Thank you 

Replies 9 (9)

sallytrace
Tourist
7 1 0

I'm also interested in having a look at the new Shipping Profiles, but not sure if I should convert my account to multi origin shipping, since it can't be undone.

I've been wishing that an ecommerce platform would offer Etsy style shipping profiles for years. I don't know if these new Beta Shipping Profiles will meet the complicated needs that many of us indie seller have.

It doesn't look like we'll get any answers here (I posted a question yesterday and no reply on mine either). Maybe best to contact Shopify support with our questions.

acesongs
Visitor
3 0 0

I have the same question for orders that include multiples. I have a product with a shipping profile for a single product (actually a dozen pieces). But when someone buys two of them (2 dozen), the shipping is twice the shipping cost of one. That's not how the carriers view it. I can combine those two orders and get a cheaper cost than that. Is there a way to do that with profiles?

Joel-Reeds
Shopify Partner
165 8 60

Hey @acesongs @Whiteforest @sallytrace,

I'm not sure if you guys are still looking for a solution for this, but if you're open to using a third-party app our system Intuitive Shipping can handle these types of shipping calculations.  In fact, my mother-in-law uses our software to match her Etsy shipping setup.

What you can do is create separate Shipping Scenarios for each product group within our system.  Products can be filters using our flexible conditions system.  You can then create shipping methods based on quantity.  The last step is to combine the shipping costs to present a single shipping charge to the customer.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles

kurtvandeweerdt
Tourist
6 0 6

I have a similar issue. I sell big framed pictures and small postcards, both in a different profile for obvious reasons. I don't use the weight of the products. When someone buys postcards + a frame, at checkout they have to pay both shipping fees, although it should only be the one of the frame. How can this be combined?

Joel-Reeds
Shopify Partner
165 8 60
@kurtvandeweerdt

This is definitely something we can get working for you using Intuitive Shipping if you're interested.

Our advanced blending system gives you an almost endless way to blend shipping costs together so customers can be charged shipping exactly the way you want.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
classicmachine
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a small selection of prints to sell. I want it so if a customer buys one they pay a shipping rate based on the size of the print and the shipping destination. However, if they buy more than one I don't want to charge them additional postage. I've just entered 25 products with 6 variants each, three shipping destinations and postage prices based on three sizes and I've just discovered that Spotify can't do this natively! Argh!

So, for example, if someone in the UK buys an A4 print and 3 x A5 prints I want to charge them £1.79 shipping for the larger print only. It seems like such an obvious thing to be able to do and I was really surprised that it's not possible.

What I will be selling is a very, very niche product (reprints of a handful of archive photos from a four year period in a specific RAF squadron's history! Niche enough?!) and I don't honestly expect to sell many. I'm really doing this as an experiment during lockdown to see if there are any takers and to see whether I might expand it into other areas.  

Are there any workarounds to make this happen, or will I be forced to pay another monthly amount to use an app?

classicmachine
Visitor
2 0 0

I should add that I have successfully set up flat rates using conditions, so if someone buys 3 x A5 reprints they only pay shipping for one. That's great. But I can't see any way to resolve it so that if they buy 3 x A5 and 3 x A4 that they just pay for 1 x A4 shipping cost.

zzzmick
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the opposite problem (using shippo), When a customer buys one 12 oz glass of skin creme, he is charged $4.90 for shipping.

If she buys 5 jars, she is still charged only $4.90 for shipping but when I go to print the shipping label, it costs me more according to total weight.

ronald_g
Explorer
58 2 4

Have you tried asking Shopify support to disable multi-origin shipping? That solves the issue for many of our clients.