Conditional Shipping prices

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have a store that sells some very large items (surfboards) and lots of smaller accessories, typically if someone buys from my store the costs of shipping items is very varied, if someone buys a surfboard I can throw in additional small items purchased along with the same postage but if they buy 1 large, 1 medium item then of course the shipping will be more.

I'm looking for a way to offer conditional postage costs based on such scenarios, offering free postage across the site is not ideal as the prices would appear higher than my competitors who just charge postage afterwards, offering free postage after xxx spend maybe possible but very hard to factor in for such varied sized items, like i say i don't want to include the postage price in with an item and higher priced items won't necessarily have the largest profits to cover the postage anyway.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciate!

Cheers,

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Andy,

If you're looking for an app solution for calculating the shipping prices, Intuitive Shipping can certainly help with setting up the conditions for charging shipping in these cases. You can have it set to Calculate only the large and medium options when in the cart, and still have a cost associated with the small items if they are the only products in the cart, as well as a number of other potential applications. If you have details, I would be happy to help! You can message me here, or at support@intuitiveshipping.com to go over any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Paul

Customer Success Lead @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
223 8 27

Hi

To solve your problem, you can set manual shipping rates. 

the manual shipping rate is a feature that allows you to set the shipping rate to your item by yourself. It is used in some below cases:

• Free delivery
  • Customer pickup
  • Various regular postage rates
  • Managed by a fulfillment service

This solution I found it on Avada website before but I do not remember exactly where it is but you can find it on this tax setting guides on Avada website

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
223 8 27

Hi @acampbell 

You can add shipping price bases on the weight of your product, to set up weight-based shipping rates you can follow these steps on this writing on the topic of How to set weight-based shipping rates https://avada.io/shopify/docs/how-add-weight-based-manual-rates.html

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes