Conditional shipping and payment gateway

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I really need to deactivate certain gateway based on what shipping option choosed.

As international as shopify, why can't they just get it? Lots of local shipping methods are limited to certain payment gateway.

Also, this is not complicated, not mentioned the first time. I really can't see why this desperately needed function not provided.

Anyone from shopify can answer this?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
189 0 20

Hello Lex,

Keegan here from the Shopify Guru team.

You are correct - conditional payment gateways isn't something Shopify has built in. Currently your payment gateways are "global" settings for your entire shop. But it does sound like a cool idea, I will submit a feature request up to our team for you. :)

Thanks for your post!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Dear Keegan,

In the past two years of using shopify, we have submitted a similar request a dozen times.

Unfortunately, no body is listening.

As a result, we keep receiving Cash on Delivery orders for international shipments!! Why. Because, we cant deactivate this payment mode based on shipping country.

That is not cool at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi, 

we have a lot of customers that want's to have this feature, too. So they can offer COD. Now it's the problem, that somebody buys it and the COD additional price has to be payed by the Shop Owner. 

Many of them are very angry but i can't offer a solution. 

Would be great, if i could. Is there anything new on this? 

Thanks, 

Natascha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 8

Is the API flexible enough and/or expose the necessary data to allow one to programmatically manipulate the checkout (Shopify Plus) to support this?  

If we had two gateways, say Stripe and Shopify Payments, all we would need is a simple script which removes one based on selected country, no?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 8

Umang, did you ever muster up a solution for this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Is there still no solution for conditonal shipping/payment gateway options on Shopify?

Two years ago I see in this thread Shopify employee Keegan T suggesting what a cool idea it would be and that a feature request would be submitted to Shopify devs.  Is there still nothing?  This would appear to me to be a fundamental element of any shopping cart app?

I have searched plugins, forums, everywhere and I can find no solution?

Could anyone please confirm or otherwise that there is/isn't a way to conditionally apply a payment gateway option(s), depending on the shipping option chosen or are payment options "global" in every single sale regardless?

I'm happy to have a go at any suggestions.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm also interested on this one... was wondering if shopify did made some improvement after 2 years...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 8

I'm not even sure Shopfiy check these forums anymore let alone develop, but pretty sure the answer to your question is no.  The support for their JS libraries is comically non-existant. 

I've spoken to private developers who say this is possible, in theory, through adding ALL gateways and leveraging session cookies to show/hide based on region selection with GeoIP as fall back but it's a hack at best.

Not having this functionaltiy has forced me to spin up entirely new Shopifty instances to service those specific regions only. Duplicate data abound.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 99 1706

Ryan - if this is for a Plus store have you looked into using Shopify Scripts?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes