Confused on Payments and Distribution

Tourist
3 0 0

Hello! I recently received my first sale. I set it up through paypal only because I was unsure of having enough capital to fund regularly.
However. After the order was placed, it was archived, and I don't see any new orders in CustomCat. It doesn't seem like anything moved over.

I was under the impression that Order is created -> Customer Pays  -> Funds deposit to Paypal -> CustomCat withdraws payment for order -> Remaining funds are profit.

Now because it's my first order, and payment Via paypal, they say there's a hold until product is delivered or I add a tracking number. I don't care that the funds are on hold for me to withdrawl. But does that also mean they are on hold to pay CustomCat. And if so, why have I not received any sort of Order Status Failed due to non payment?

I did a test order with shopify payments and everything worked out a week ago, but I feel I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here to get the full automation going at least with paypal and CustomCat.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

I suppose what I'm asking, simply put, is how to easily set up a fully automated checkout method for orders that wont charge me first.

When I did a test order using Shopify payments, it charged me first, and the order automatically went over to CustomCat. However, with disabling it and only allowing the base level (free) PayPal Express (I believe) option to avoid being charged first, it doesn't seem like any order information was sent to CustomCat.
My site is Up4Whatever.com if that helps out..

Is this some sort of automated feature not available with the basic PayPal settings. Do I have to pay for the upgraded version to avoid what seems like manually creating an order myself, in order to fulfill it on CustomCat, then update tracking when available for the customer? Because if funds are on hold (at least for this initial order being brand new), and I'm assuming it's only cause I'm new, but nonetheless, what am I missing? The order info for those items were archived but not sent over to CustomCat utilizing the free PayPal option being set as my payment method on CustomCat.

And if a mod could update the Title, maybe it should be "Help with PayPal & CustomCat Synchronization/Automation"

Thank you all!

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Okay so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.. I recreated the order myself from a regular customer's standpoint, via website. I created a discount in order to charge myself nothing, since I will have to pay fulfillment. However, no status has updated. CustomCat has not picked up the order. And I realize now, that the other test orders that went through were manual orders.

So I don't seem to have this checkout -> CustomCat Fulfillment automated..

0 Likes