Confusion with Store Address

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Sir/ Madam,

I am confused with the store address. I'm a Malaysian currently working at Qatar, I wanted the payment from my customers to be transferred to my Qatar bank account (as I use my Qatar debit card for all bills and transaction in Shopify). One of my main considerations of putting my Malaysia address is that with Malaysia's address, I am able to use Stripe as my payment method. Kindly help me out, I wanted to launch my store real soon and this payment and store address issue hold me back for weeks already/

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 60 90

Hi, @Ivanchanxs. Thanks for reaching out about this. I’m sorry to hear your questions about payments and the store address have been holding you up! Always feel free to contact our support team with any inquiries you may have. We’re available to help 24/7 via Live Chat, Twitter, or Phone Callback (if there is a callback spot available). That being said, I’m here to help now! 

According to our Terms of Service, the address to use on your Shopify account should be your current address, as stated below:

20-09-ua28z-0l5nb

Keep in mind, the address you use for your store will also influence any taxes that are required for your business (See Section 14.6 of the terms). Therefore, if you are unsure of which jurisdiction you would be applicable in your situation, please consult with a tax professional.  

Additionally, while the Shopify Terms of Service indicate that you must provide your current address to Shopify, the payment gateways available in your region are third party gateways. Therefore, the bank account requirements are determined by the provider directly. I recommend contacting the payment provider that you are interested in using directly to discuss your payout options further.

Hope this helps! If you need any further clarification or have additional questions, please let me know.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes