Connecting Paypal to shopify

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello guys,

I just upgraded my Paypal account to Business and I don't know which setting should I chose, I want to connect my paypal to shopify.

I allready have linked my bank account, why am I asked to do this again?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
576 20 186

Hey, Dominic!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. ?

You should choose Option A on the first page because Shopify is already integrated with Paypal. Option B is more for people who have built their own website. On the second page, Paypal is telling you that they deposited small amounts of money into the bank account you entered. You need to check your online banking or bank statement to find out how much these amounts were and enter the amount in your Paypal account. It's a security measure, they want to make sure you didn't make a mistake when you entered your bank details and it really is your account. 

Does that help? Let me know if you need anything else, we are always here for support. Paypal also have customer support if you are having problems with your Paypal account. 

Take care!

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey Aria,

Thank you very much for your help.

"On the second page, Paypal is telling you that they deposited small amounts of money into the bank account you entered. You need to check your online banking or bank statement to find out how much these amounts were and enter the amount in your Paypal account." I linked my bank account couple of days ago, said "you bank account ... is now linked" but I don't find any transaction on my bank account and I still have the orange exclamation mark on "Link your bank account" button.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I know from my own experience with setting up a PayPal account that it took a few days for those amounts to actually show up on my bank account after PayPal said they had sent them.

In the end, I just had to wait a few days to allow for the banks involved to process the transaction and they showed up in the end.

You can try contacting PayPal support if you think there is anything amiss though as we just got out of the weekend I would expect to wait a little longer before seeing the deposits show in your account.

If there's anything in terms of your Shopify account that we can help out with just get in touch with us via our support site anytime. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes