Connecting Stripe for Shopify store in US

Kuziakin
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm having trouble connecting stripe as payment gateway. i have connected it with my other store few months ago, but now option is gone(see pic.1) 

Because I'm Ukrainian, I can't connect Shopify payments so I'm looking for other payment gateways that are not requiring US passport and SSN.

All my documents are from US (LLC, EIN, bank account) 

scr1.png

scr2.png

Also have noticed Stripe is gone from payment providers in US. (see pic2)

Thanks for all of your replies.,

Cheers

Sergey

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 148 425

Hi, @Kuziakin

For countries that are eligible for Shopify Payments, Stripe will not appear as Stripe powers Shopify Payments. However; there are a handful of countries where Shopify Payments is not available, but Stripe does offer its services (i.e. France). That said, Shopify Payments could be used if you are living outside the United States but your business operates in the United States and has the following documents: 

• Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address)
  • A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

If you have all the documents and live outside of the United States then I can verify the store to escalate the request. There isn't a guarantee that we'll be able to provide Shopify Payments, but this would be the best route to take to find out. If you do live in the United States, or if we're unable to provide Shopify Payments, then you'll need to use one of the other payment providers available for your country. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes