Copy/Duplicate Shipping Settings

Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hello!  I was wondering if there is anyway to copy/duplicate an existing shipping setting?  I have multiple weight based settings to input and being able to start with a "base template" with many of the adjustments already made would sure save a lot of time!

Any ideas? 

-Page

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 54

Hey Page,

Currently this isn't really possible within Shopify-- all shipping rates must be built from scratch. I understand this is time consuming, and less than ideal. I will, however, pass along a feature request to our developers to allow for duplicatable shipping rates in the future.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I 2nd this request for a couple reasons.

1. We are located in Hawaii so we have to create Hawaii-only shipping rates. When we go to add a shipping rate (we do it by price range) by default ALL the states are clicked. So if we have 15 different shipping rates to add we literally have to un-click every state and US territory every time. 

2. When we do the above, the javascript you use to process this request hangs the browser and on Chrome, a pop-up comes up to suggest that the browser script has crashed. If we wait, it gets added.

At worst, if you could do an un-check all feature on the create shipping rate page, that would be great...

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1
The shipping system is a joke. When you add Europe to countries shipped too it adds them all individually so you have to manually add each shipping rate, totally ridiculous. Im at the point now where im thinking of leaving shopify as the shipping is just too badly designed and not supported. There is always an app to fix things but you just end up paying too much for something that is incredibly basic and should be a native feature.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please fix this! I have 10 options for each country. Adding Europe is a TON of work. 

At least let us add a shipping amount per item. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1
The better shipping app actually works quite well. Lets you set a per product rate and then you can can adjust each country by a certain percentage. Saying that though, to make the better shipping app work you need carrier calculated shippibg enabled which is crazy as that is only available in the top tier package which is super expensive. You can however ask shopify directly to add carrier calculated on for $9.99, then add better shipping for $9.99. This is what I settled with but I have complained as this means im paying for 2 services, of which only one im actually using (better shipping) Shopify seriously needs to sort out shopping as it drove me to insanity and almost made me quit. The only reason I didn't was because of the amazing support I get from out of the sandbox who have made my site look awesome. Im lucky im sorted now but I seriously feel yout pain.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9926 103 1765

When you add Europe to countries shipped too it adds them all individually so you have to manually add each shipping rate, 

I had looked at adding copy or bulk edits for Shipping in my JavaScript tool for the dashboard. It was on the bottom of the requested features so I have not bothered looking at it further. Maybe I'll move it up the todo list a little bit.

Of course  that won't sort out the per product shipping. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all!

It's been 7 years since Shopify Staff said: "pass along a feature request to our developers to allow for duplicatable shipping rates in the future" - I wonder how much in the future are we talking about because I really in need of this option of duplicating shipping rates...

0 Likes