Create Payment Gateways

3 0 1

Hello Dear Users,

we are a outsourcing software development company dedicated to ecommerce peru

we recommend our clients use shopify as solution for their online store, however they want use visanet peru as payment gateway, we want create the payment gateway but i don't find a way or documentation to create it, they don't want use current payments gateways of shopify, can you help me to figure out this please?

All the best 

************************************************* SPANISH *************************************************

Hola Amigos!
somos una empresa de sistemas dedicada al  ecommerce comercio electrónico 
nos dedicamos a hacer tiendas online peru y tiendas virtuales peru, estamos interesados en crear pasarelas de pago a medida para shopify, pero no hemos encontrado ninguna documentacion al respecto, hay alguna forma de hacer esto? o no está permitido? cualquier ayuda para poder resolver esta incognita es muy agradecida desde ya!!

Lo mejor para ustedes

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 21

Hey there!

I'm Daryoush, your friendly neighbourhood Shopify Guru! :)

That's so great that you're interested in creating payment gateways for Peru! At this moment, we are not looking to add payment gateways to our arsenal of 70+ gateways, however please take a look at this Shopify Doc. We use "ActiveMerchant" which is a library that we have created, it's open-sourced and used in many projects. Payment gateways can use ActiveMerchant to create an integration with Shopify and any developer can use this link on GitHub.

Please let me know if this helps and have a lovely day!

Cheers,
Daryoush

1 Like
3 0 1

thanks a lot! i will try it! 

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 21

Hey there!

You're very welcome, and best of luck! :)

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
1 0 0

Daryoush - 

I am doing some work for a shopify shop in Indonesia. They need the ability to use Xendit merchant for bank transfers. Xendit is NOT in the ActiveMerchant list and I see that ActiveMerchant is no longer adding any new merchants. Even if I use ActiveMerchant or not, how do I set up the payment settings to give an option in the checkout page that will link to my own hosted gateway? That's the last part that I am having trouble figuring out. Also, how can the info be sent to and from the hosted gateway if I can't use ActiveMerchant and the merchant is not in the supported 3rd party list. Would I have to use something Storefront API to do all of the communication with the custom hosted gateway?

0 Likes
Explorer
296 0 24

Daryoush Shabahang .. Haven't you folks stopped accepting any payment integrations these days? There is a clear message on the link you have provided - 

We're no longer accepting new payment providers into Shopify using ActiveMerchant. The GitHub project is still free and available to developers who want to use it with other projects.

Why wrong information then?

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 21

Hey Kyle!

Thank you for the response! That is correct, even if Xendit was available via ActiveMerchant, we are no longer accepting new payment gateways. For this reason, there is not a way to add Xendit to Shopify stores as a compatible payment gateway. Currently, ActiveMerchant is the only way to integrate 3rd party payment gateways to Shopify stores, including for specific countries/regions.

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 21

Hey Hymn!

Yes, that is correct - we are no longer accepting 3rd party payment gateways via ActiveMerchant. This information was illustrated in my response to the topic creater! :)

we are not looking to add payment gateways to our arsenal of 70+ gateways...

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey guys, even though shopify isn't accepting 3rd party payment providers anymore but HymnZ has his own method which still works. He just integrated Gpay payment gateway for me and it's working great. I would suggest that you contact him if you need a custom payment gateway integrated. His work is really good.

0 Likes