Create automatic invoices for paid orders

Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear community,

I would love to ask for your help. I am struggling with this. I offer packages online where the end product is a digital presentation (.pdf), so clients always pay upfront when buying a package. I am working with mollie (specialized in processing online payments on behalf of merchants (e.g. webshop owners). And mollie is connected (API) with Shopify.

Now when a client buys a package, from Shopify he or she gets an automatic order confirmation. But they do not get an automatic invoice where it says that say they paid. I need that invoice as well to put it in my online accounting program.

How do i manage to get an automatic invoice to clients for all upfront direct paid orders from shopify? And in the ideal situation have a copy of that invoice as a pdf to upload it in my online accounting program. 

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Best,

Kashmere

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Hi Kashmere,

The difficulty here is in the interconnection between the app that's going to generate the pdf for you, and the service that sends the email.

We use personal print to generate pdfs containing invoices. The reason we use it is 1) that the invoice can be entirely customized to contain all the information you want, and 2) that they can be downloaded directly from the Shopify orders' list page.

I'm unsure if the App lets you automatically attach the pdfs to another system, it has a pretty high level of automation for a few things though, but even if it's a bit of manual work at fulfillment, it's probably not a big deal.

Let me know if you find another way!

Charles

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hey, @Kashmere!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Great question. When customers complete their purchase, they will automatically receive an order confirmation email. This email indicates that the order has been paid for, and includes the total amount that was charged, along with the payment method that was used. You can see what this email looks like by heading to Settings > Notifications > Order confirmation > Preview

While this is technically considered an invoice or receipt, it's delivered as an email rather than a PDF. To have a PDF invoice, you will need to use an app, It looks like Charles recommended an app called Personal Print. This could be a good workaround for you.

Another app I recommend checking out is called Invoicify. This app will automatically generate a PDF invoice for both yourself and your customers. You'll also be able to use this app to generate invoices for previous orders, which can be pretty useful if you already have quite a few orders that require invoices. Invoicify also gives you the ability to customize these invoices using your own branding, another neat feature that could really benefit you. 

I think Invoicify will be a great option for you. Feel free to install it, try it out, and let me know what you think!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes