Create more than 1 automatic discount code

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6
Hi JoeB-co,

I found a cost effective app that allowed me to stack automatic discounts on each other on the Shopify App store. It's by a company called "Smarty Marketing LTD" and the app is called Smarty Discounts. The logo is a black box with a yellow elephant in it.

Free for a couple of weeks and then $9.99 thereafter, super simple to use and I now have around 30 automatic discounts that can be used in the same cart at the same time.

Has massively increased the average spend on my site.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

So, if we wanted to run a promotion where a customer spends X, and they receive a discount of X, and the discount increases with the more they spend, would the discount app. that you mention handle that? Express does this all the time. If you spend $75, you get a $20 discount, spend $150 and get $55, so on and so forth. It doesn't appear that the regular discount feature in Shopify works properly. Correct? We will need an app like the Smarty app you mentioned?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

Yes, it does cater for tiered scenario based discounts.

I found the most important thing from this app was the ability to have multiple discount scenario's being used in the same cart.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2
Yes, you can do tiered discounts I believe. I have not done that, but it
appears it does have that capability.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

You could set your discount code and apply minimum spend for example 15% off minimum purchase of £55. So it automatically applies it when they spend over a specific amount. An idea would be to set multiple discount codes for example:

code1 - 15% off £55

code2 - 20% off £145

and so on to encourage customers to spend more. 

The buy X get Y applies to specific products. In your scenario you could also use that as customer buys: select collection 'All products' (or create one first if you don't have one) and customer gets: product or collection again at % discount price. 

A question from me please, if anyone knows. Can customers use multiple codes of different type in one order? For example a free delivery code and a % discount code? I know they can't use more than one code per order but I'm not sure if that also applies to different types of discounts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

It is pathetic that Shopify cannot do this easy function.
They would rather let merchants pay extra and find a not-so-native app to workaround. Frankly, these workaround usually hurt user experience and it risky to business.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Hi Nick,

I just discovered the magic on automated discount codes, got uber excited and was surprised not many people talk about it as it eliminates the need of having many unnecessary apps or plug-in which only slow down your website.

But then my excitement of automated discount codes died as soon as it rose up, simple because I cannot add more than 1, I thought maybe a premium membership will solve that, apparently that too does not allow it.

Nick lets be honest here and realise that It is about time that MULTIPLE automated discount codes are able to be added. (even if it is introduced in the premium and not the basic membership at first)

Specially when the automated discount code is applied on individual items separately, where they do not overlap or effect each other.

I want to run a buy 3 for a cheaper price, on two separate products which have nothing to do with each other, and I am not allowed to. Trust me, it will not break the website by allowing both automated codes to run parallel to each other.

(and if the customer add those separate products into one order, then just simply don't apply the discount, the customer will learn themselves that for the discount to work, they must initiate checkout on these items separately, they are humans and not BOT after all.)

Kind Regards,

Addie

0 Likes