Creating Shipping Profile or creating another Shopify Store

DessJ
1 0 0

Hi,

I am doing POD in USA and I am using a US based POD supplier.  I also want to do POD in Australia but would like to use an Australian based POD supplier. I will have similar products for both countries and targeting the same niche.  My question is, do I create all of my prints (POD)products under 1 shopify store and just specify what products are available for each country by creating a separate "shipping profile"? If I do this, if say for instance, an Australian go my my website, will they only see the products available for their country or will it also display the other products which are only available in USA?

Would I be better off creating 2 different Shopify stores for each country even if I an targeting the same niche, selling similar products, but coming from different suppliers?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
872 83 116

Hey, @DessJ.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

I understand you're looking to expand your POD to Australia and use an Australian-based POD supplier. Though it's possible to create a separate Shipping profile for Australia and have customers shop from one store - How are you sending the order fulfillments to the different suppliers? 

The reason I'm asking is because you may need to create a separate batch of products, as each product can link to one supplier or fulfillment. However, customers from both countries will be able to see your products as well. That being said, there are some third-party apps that can help with this.

Geolocation can help detect your customer's location and display the right language and currency (if you're selling in multiple currencies). Locksmith can help hide pages and grant access based where the customer is visiting from. If you need any help with Locksmith, you can always reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support Section of their app's page. 

Creating a separate store may be a better option for using a different supplier, as you wouldn't need to create another shipping profile or use any extra apps. Though you're still duplicating your products in a way, this will be easier to manage while also keeping your store nice and clean. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MichaelGeo
Explorer
191 3 13

Hi there! Congratute on expanding Australian market. 

As you want to display different products for your US and Australian markets and use different supplies, it's best to create two different shops. In this way, it gives you the best flexibility to control differences of products, currencies, products, shipping costs etc.

Besides, as you are targeting the same niche markets, you can further auto direct your visitors between the two shops based on their locations. For example, if your visitor is in Australia, and he goes to exampleshop.com, it can auto direct him to exampleshop.au and auto display local products and currencies. It prevents your visitors getting lost, help engaging with your visitors, and boosts customer conversion rate.

You may use IP geolocation tools for such features. For example, Geo Targetly. With its Geo Redirect tool, It detect your visitors locations by IP and auto direct them. You can set up location targets easily, each with individual redirecting rules. No code is required. For more details, you may read the post:https://geotargetly.com/blog/using-a-website-switch-why-leave-the-choice-to-the-user

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
MichaelGeo
Explorer
191 3 13

Correct: Please disregard the post link(https://geotargetly.com/blog/using-a-website-switch-why-leave-the-choice-to-the-user) in the last post, instead, you may refer to: https://geotargetly.com/shopify-geo-redirect.

0 Likes