Credit Card Declines

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey guys,

For the last few months I've been trying to run a business. Recently I have been getting quite some sales, but there is only one problem : 50% of the creditcards from customers have failed. 
I can't run a business like this. I use shopify for my store and Stripe as my credit card payment gateway. I contacted them both numerous times but they couldn't find a solution for me. Stripe only give this piece of information about the decline : 
CVC check:Unavailable
Street check:Unavailable
Zip check:Unavailable

I am from the Netherlands and most of my customers are from the US , could this be a problem? Has anyone had this problem before?

Would be very nice if someone could help with this.

wefqwefwqef
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

Hi Konrad,

I'm Yasmin from Shopify support :) 

In this case Shopify isn't processing any of your payments so I'm afraid we won't be able to help you resolve this. I believe that those unavailable errors occur if the customer's bank doesn't release the address and zip information to Stripe when the order is made.

You could be right about the location being an issue, maybe these cards are denying the request for verification because your business is located in the Netherlands. 

Has Stripe provided any information about those declined messages? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
59 0 3

Hi,

you can switch off the option to decline charges to fail zip code verifications.

Maybe that's better, but don't know if too risky... if someone could tell about would be great!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I am selling in US and my store location is in New Zealand.

Many customers credit card payments have been declined.

0 Likes