Credit Card Usage on AliExpress

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey,

I use Oberlo to fulfill my orders, but when I tried to fulfill my first order using the Oberlo Chrome Extension, I made it as far as the Payment Method. When I got there, the credit card information was left blank. This leads me to my question: whose credit card is used for Aliexpress, mine or the customer's?

My concern is that the credit card information for the customer is not saved, so I have no method of using that for ordering. If I were to use my own credit card, my concern is that my credit card information would be exposed to my customers. I am also confused on how the billing address would work.

Does anyone know how to help me?

Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1248 76 274

Hey there!

Peter here from Shopify Support!

The short answer is, it is your credit card that will be required to process all orders through Ali Express. The reasoning behind this is because the customers' credit card information is never passed on to third-party entities, nor is it provided to you as a merchant outside the last 4 digits. 

When your customer places their order, they do so by paying through one of the payment processors that you have enabled within your store. This processor will charge your customer accordingly, and process a payout to you for the order total. From here, you would need to process the order for the goods with Ali Express so that your suppliers can start the fulfillment process.

Since you're acting as the "middleman", you would need to cover the costs to start the fulfillment process, which means using your credit card to pay for the cost of the items. If you don't have the funds readily available, then you could wait for the payout (typically takes 1-3 days depending on payment processor) and use the funds that are deposited to pay for the order. 

That all being said, I can appreciate your concern about the information being sent over to your customers, however, I can assure you this won't happen. Keeping on this topic, I would suggest checking out this guide as it goes over how to add notes to your supplier. Another great resource to review in this case would be Oberlos' help document here that outlines the ordering process from start to finish! 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you! This was very helpful!

1 Like