Credit / Debit card option with PayPal express checkout

Cleanismo
Tourist
4 0 4

Hello, 

I recently created an new store and enabled PayPal express checkout. But am wondering why the credit /Debit card option is not showing in the checkout page, only PayPal option available. Is there any specific settings that I have to change on paypal? 

Could you please help. 

Replies 10 (10)

ZestardTech
Shopify Expert
5393 971 1293

Hello There,

If you want to remove the PayPal Express Checkout from your Shopify storefront then you would first want to disable that payment gateway from within your Shopify Admin. Following the below instructions would disable the payment gateway so your customers could no longer put through orders with PayPal.

To disable PayPal:

• Head into your Shopify Admin
  • Settings> Payments
  • Click on 'Deactivate PayPal Express' 

To add a different payment gateway to your checkout, you would want to find a payment gateway that is available to you. You can check out this list which will show you which payment gateways are available to you by the location you're selling from. Next, you would want to enable that gateway from within your Shopify Admin. You can add the payment gateway of your choice by simply going into your Shopify Admin> Settings> Payments section and enabling the gateway from there.

I would recommend reading through our help guide, here, which goes over how to choose a payment gateway that will suit your business. If you're wanting to use a third party payment gateway to accept credit cards then I would suggest walking through our step by step guide, here, for some assistance. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
Cleanismo
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi [allavi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to use the credit/debit card payment option provided by PayPal express checkout, not an alternative payment gateway.

The customer can pay either with PayPal account or credit/debit card is he does have an account but still through PayPal.

Cleanismo
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to use the credit/debit card payment option provided by PayPal express checkout, not an alternative payment gateway.

The customer can pay either with PayPal account or credit/debit card is he does NOT have an account but still through PayPal.

eleibzon
Tourist
10 0 6

Hello Cleanismo,

I have the same problem on my store. Please let me know whether you have managed to solve it. I will be grateful for a solution.

eleibzon
Tourist
10 0 6

Hello Cleanismo,

I have the same problem on my store. Please let me know whether you have managed to solve it. I will be grateful for a solution.

szkhan
Visitor
2 0 1

Did you get any solution? i have same issue. worked fine in first day.. but didn't had that option doing a real test order. Forced to use paypal only

EG-MorningStar
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello Cleanismo,

Did you find any solution yet !

Patrickhn
Visitor
1 0 1

I see a few people still looking for a solution. Is there an ETA?

AdAmEcom1
Visitor
1 0 0

Im having the same problem with me and i dont know how to add it plz anyone help or reply

Cleanismo
Tourist
4 0 4
Hi,
For everyone asking, I was not able to fix this issue and ended up closing my store.
If you have a solution please share.