Currency Incorrect in Printful

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am attempting to set up a Shopify shop with fulfillment handled through Printful.  My Shopify shows that I am in the US per location and currency is set to USD.  When I look at my items in Printful, the currency is MOP.  I did notice that location and address were based in China (no clue how that was done), but I did get that updated.  I'm not sure if I'm missing another address somewhere.  I spent a lot of time talking to Printful support, and they are pointing me back to Shopify as their conversion is supposed to be automatic.  Does anyone have any further suggestions on where I need to look for an additional change? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
80 3 27

Hi, @ktlockhart!

Thanks for sharing your question. My name is Olivia and I work here at Shopify.

I'm a big fan of Printful and even use it on my own store, so hopefully I will be able to point you in the right direction. Log in to the Shopify Admin > Apps > open Printful so we can see the app's dashboard. From Printful's menu bar find More > Billing > Billing Methods > and you should see your store currency under store billing methods like so:

04-18-0h5dm-o71wp

I suspect this is what is altering the currency of your Printful products, because this is controlled separately from the currency on your storefront. Please give this a try and let me know if it works. If not, capture some screenshots to show me your experience with your reply - that can also help me narrow it down further!

I look forward to your reply,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for your response. I am familiar with the steps you mention, and it
has not changed anything when I preview my store. I honestly got frustrated
and have gone another route outside of Shopify, and I am having much better
luck. I know so many people who have had great luck with Shopify, and I
thank you for trying to help. It just didn’t work best for me.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
80 3 27

Thank you for getting back to me, @ktlockhart.

I very much appreciate you connecting with me and sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to see you go, and I would still like to investigate this further with you to see what is causing the currency change. If you are open to this, I can send you an email to investigate your store and connection to the Printful app.

If not, I absolutely respect your decision, and would be happy to walk you through the steps of closing down your store. Remember, you can open up a free trial with a new store name using the same email address at anytime. Our staff team cannot close down stores for our merchants due to the security and protection of your business, but we have some great documentation to walk you through each step.

To close down your store:

Log in to your Shopify Admin > Settings > Plans and Permissions > Store Status > pause or close store and follow the prompts on the screen. Once you have done that, your store is officially closed. Remember I mentioned you can come back at anytime though? It might be helpful to have a back up of your information, just in case you do. Our back-up manual does a great job of explaining how to back-up each section of your store and save it to your computer.

Tip: Please make sure you remove all your apps from Shopify Admin > Apps and cancel any subscriptions to cease all future billing.

OR

Sell your store on Exchange:

You spend a lot of time and effort building your store, and there's no reason someone else can't enjoy your masterpiece. Our Exchange Marketplace is an excellent place to list your business for sale, or even browse listings for ready-to-go businesses.

I know it can be tough to learn a new platform and launch your business all at once. I would be happy to stay as your point of contact here at Shopify to help you overcome some of those obstacles if you need a hand in the future - just let me know!

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like