Currency displaying problem.

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi,

We got a problem here.

The currency showing in the red frame is actually Taiwanese dollars, not the U.S. But without a note or an extra explanation, the customers will consider the bill to be $880 which is much higher than its really worth. The actual payment will be like $30, so a lot of customers abandon their orders during this page.

Picture attached.

1575015875380.jpg

Is there a way to help the consumer on this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 150

Hi, @Ikee!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I can definitely see how this can confuse your American customers. Based on the screenshot, it looks like your store currency is set to sell in Taiwanese dollars. Is this the case? Even if you are using a multi-currency app or have customized your theme to display your products in different currencies, transactions can only be processed in a single currency and this will reflect when the customer reaches the checkout. 

Are most of your customers located in the United States? If so, then it's probably worth changing your store currency to USD. This will then show customers accurate prices and will likely reduce the amount of abandoned carts you receive. Your store currency can be changed in Settings > General.

If you've already made your first sale, however, you will need to reach out to Support for the change. If this is the case, please let me know and I'd be happy to unlock the currency selector for you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes