Custmer set To and From address? Is it possible?

2 0 0

I want the customer to buy a label and be able to set the to and from address. Only USPS. I know it's not usual that's why I'm asking and can't find an out of the box solution.

Thank You

0 Likes
Tourist
68 5 7

Hello jody8585,

I hope that your requirement is having a custom field where a customer can add there text. 

Correct??

So do you need this on Product page??

-Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
-If my reply was helpful, Click Like to let me know!
- If your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 23 62

Hey, there

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I'd love to help you out. However, I'm going to need a bit of clarification. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say To and From address. When you're customers add their information they add a shipping address and a billing address.

Is there something else that you'd need? If there is can you clarify what you mean?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

TO: Destination address (Recipient)

Bill To: Customer (person paying for the service/Label)

I would like all three fields to be generated by the person on the website making the purchase. Then they would come into the store pick up the item and label and drop it off at USPS.

I think it would be simple to say we are the middleman doing all the work without the recipient knowing we helped. Like a gifting option buy our customer gets all the credit. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 23 62

Oh, I see! We don't have anything that's natively available in our platform for that. I'm trying to think if we have any apps that could somehow work with you in order to achieve what you're looking to accomplish. I looked at a few custom shipping apps, but there really isn't anything that I can see that would work for you. The only thing that I can really think of would be to actually purchase the shipping labels from USPS directly at the post when the parcel is being shipped so that your address wouldn't be involved. 

You might also want to talk with USPS to see if they have any ideas that could work with their shipping service. This wouldn't connect with Shopify, but maybe they'll have an idea that can help you to streamline your steps. You could also look at Shippo. Now I want to make it very clear that this app won't do what you're looking to do. However, it's the best app for customized shipping labels. It might be worth looking into to see if you can find a workaround that would work for your particular situation. 

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

I'm sorry that we don't have exactly what you're looking for, but I do hope that that helps to give you some suggestions for possible work arounds at least. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes