Custom Delivery Zones, Order Cut Offs, Delivery Dates

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 4

Hi there

I posted under the Apps thread and thought this may be a good one as well.  We are a food / meal delivery service that are in the process of building a shop in Shopify.  From what it appears we will need to use a 3rd party app to handle what we are after delivery wise:

• We only delivery to specific zones (defined by a selection of zip codes)
  • We require at least 18-24 HRS notice from order cut off time to delivery to all zones, with a preference for one zone to be at the 42-48 HRS notice from order cut off (but could make all the same notice if we had to
  • We require a minimum spend for one zone, a higher minimum for another

Recommendations?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7

Hi bridgetNK,

The easiest solution to this is downloading the Zapiet app on the shopify app store. 

Works for our business and does mostly what you defined in your message except for the last one. I haven't found a way to do that yet. would be useful if anyone does know if there is a way to do this. It has a free trial so give it a try.

hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Bradley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 4

Thanks!  I did come across Zapiet but note a lot of current support issues given volume with the current environment, including disruption to business because the app is going down.  So a bit concerning as a first time shop creator.  What has been your experience?  The minimum order is important so it seem as though I have to forgo one of my three required items...although I do note in Shopify itself there is a minimum order capability but maybe that disappears when you use a 3rd party app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7

I originally downloaded the app and being a shopify newbie I couldn't get it to work first off. I submitted a ticket and I got a solution within 5 days (which is pretty fast considering the COVID-19 issues).

There is a minimum order limit but not for separate zones I don't think. it is just a single flat rate minimum order. Our store is set on minimum order of £20 for local delivery. There is a minimum order but you can only apply it to their zones. For me we're only delivering very local but my zone in Shopify would be the whole United Kingdom so it is just not possible.

Hope this helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 4

Thanks so much for your insights.  I'm amazed that that basic functionality of isolating by zip code / area is not available within Shopify and moreover that there isn't an app that does what I'm after - as hardly thought the approach was unique.  Maybe I'll have to tap into a developer I know but as an active business on another platform that is brutal, I'll have to determine something quick in the meantime!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7

That's okay. Happy to help (well try to). We're all in this together.

If you do find the complete package your looking for would you be able to message it to me because i'd use it :)

With area codes Zapiet does have the capability to do that and exclude customers that aren't within the zone? The problem is creating different zones and having different prices for delivery in each zone.

1 Like