Custom payment provider implementation

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello, 

I'm interested if using payment providers that are not listed in 3rd party or alternative lists are possible. To be specific, HiPay, but I'd like to know in general as well. I am aware of the 3rd party options Shopify offers, as well as alternative ones, I am specifically interested if payment providers that are not on these lists are even a possibility. 
Thank you. 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 46 71

Hey, @trbst!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Great question! Regarding the payment gateway HiPay, as it stands it is not verified to use through Shopify. Other gateways can certainly be integrated but because we have a list of verified gateways with Shopify, they are the only ones we can support. This is because we cannot guarantee how an external gateway that is unverified through Shopify would work with our platform.
In order to use a payment gateway, like HiPay which is not on Shopify, you would have to hire a developer to set it up as an external redirect checkout that can use that gateway. Here is a link to our Shopify Experts to assist you if needed.

I hope that helps but let me know if you have any other questions at all. Also, while I have you, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up and we have put together this Black Friday Checklist. It is full of tips and tricks to make the most of the busiest online season so be sure to check it out! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
2 0 1

Hi @Lulu5,

Thank you for the quick response! This is the information I was looking for, you've been very helpful!

Kind regards,

Steven

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 46 71

You are very welcome, @trbst. So glad I could help. Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need anything at all.

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes