Custom shipping method days

Highlighted
13 0 0

We're using Shopify Plus and need to change the days next to the shipping methods. Changing them in the language options isn't specific enough. A Shopify rep said we could use javascript on the checkout.liquid page but the shipping methods load after the page does initially so the javascript does take affect (unless I reload). It doesn't appear I have anyway to edit the {{ content_for_layout }} directly

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
565 24 59

Hi there David!

Don here from Shopify!

It's hard to say from here what your options are without being able to look into your store directly, though we should be able to provide some info here anyway. 

If you are referring to rates pulled from any carrier service (USPS, FedEx, DHL etc.) then it would not be possible to edit this info as it would be provided by the carrier themselves and thus not possible to edit in Shopify.

If instead, you are referring to any manual rates set up in your admin it should be possible to simply edit the names of these rates in your settings > shipping menu in the admin.

Should neither of these be the case and you're actually referring to something else entirely here, just get in touch with us by emailing support@shopify.com and then quoting the ticket number for this interaction here so we can use that to securely access and privately discuss your account here.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
13 0 0

When the user goes to the cart they are shown shipping options for example:

First Class Package (2 business days)    $4.58
Priority Mail (1 business day)    $7.62
FedEx Ground Home Delivery (1 business day)    $14.20
FedEx 2 Day (2 business days)    $20.63
FedEx Standard Overnight (1 business day)    $30.49

I need to change the days. If I edit the language page (Online Store -> themes -> Actions -> Edit Language) I can change them there it doesn't change them correctly. There is only an options for "One" and "Other" if I set other to "3-5 business days" it sets that for 2 day, which doesn't make sense.

I want to specify those estimated shipping days more specifically. Shopify support said we could do that through javascript on the "checkout.liquid" page. The problem is the shipping rates lazy load after the page does so the javascript runs before that content is loaded on the page.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Is there a follow up to this? I'm having the exact same issue. There is is only an options for "One"  when you edit the Language under Checkout & system and USPS Priority Mail Express  and USP Overnight Air are considered one day when USPS Priority Mail Express is actually a 1 - 2 business day. I need to separate these two out. Help me out here.

When the user goes to the cart they are shown shipping options for example:

First Class Package (2 business days)    $4.58
Priority Mail (1 business day)    $7.62
FedEx Ground Home Delivery (1 business day)    $14.20
FedEx 2 Day (2 business days)    $20.63
FedEx Standard Overnight (1 business day)    $30.49

I need to change the days. If I edit the language page (Online Store -> themes -> Actions -> Edit Language) I can change them there it doesn't change them correctly. There is only an options for "One" and "Other" if I set other to "3-5 business days" it sets that for 2 day, which doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Did you get a response on this? We are having similar issues and need to change the delivery time for USPS Priority Mail

0 Likes