Custom shipping method

Highlighted
51 0 0

Hi all, 

I'm looking a way to let customers to pick carriers that i found myself to ship (one within 8 days, other 14-20 days, and automatically calculate costs by weight also). But i only see even an advanced user account can only pick carriers from a given list like UPS, Fedex.

So is there  way to set like this?

Example:

Select  "Carrier A (8 days)"  → $10

Select  "Carrier B (14-20 days)"  → $20

Im using trial account. Plan to use basic account after trail.

Thank you  very much!!

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
17 0 3

Hey Joe!

Liz here, a Shopify Guru. :)

Going over your post I don't have a direct solution for you but I do have some information on how it could be possible for you to setup alternative carrier services in your store.

It does still depend on who those custom carriers are but you can check to see if its a possibility.

The first thing you would need is carrier calculated shipping. This is normally only offered on the Advanced plan at Shopify but if you contact support they can add it to your plan (even the basic one) for USD $20/month. Carrier Calculated Shipping gives your store access to the carrier API so it can pull real time rates from carriers. 

You are right, the pre built one ares FedEx, USPS, UPS and Canada Post (for Canada) however other carriers have created apps available in the app store to connect more carrier options to grab calculated rates.

An example app that does this is the [DHL Express](https://apps.shopify.com/dhl-carrier-service?utm_source=gurucopy&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Gurus&...) App that connect to DHL's rates.

Let me know if this option ends up working for you or if you have any questions. I'm happy to discuss further.

Cheers,

Liz L | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
51 0 0

Any way to show my own carriers which is not show on list? I calculate shipping cost by weight. Say if it fall into 0.1-0.25kg, it goes to light shipping, it cost $5, but if he can also have a faster express option to pay $10

Please see example screen dump uploaded for express option. 

Thanks

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted

0.1-0.25kg, it goes to light shipping and cost $5 --> Can be achieved with Shopify's weight based shipping

In addition to this, you can set up another custom rate with the same weight range and name is 'Express Shipping'. This way you will have both options available to the customer.

However, if you want to show real carrier services in checkout, the first thing that you need to do is subscribe for the carrier calculated rates in your Shopify account. Then you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app to get rates from FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, Canada Post into your Shopify checkout and based on weight conditions show them appropriately.

0 Likes