Customer Self Select Shipping/Driver triggered SMS at delivery

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

It's not clear to me if Shopify can do what I want for shipping out of the box and if I need an app, no idea which one. I'd like to have a list of shipping options like below that the customer could self select. We are doing our own local deliveries and I would also want to be able to mark an item as delivered and send an SMS message to the customer when I or another driver drops it on their porch.  This seems relatively simple, but there's are so many apps and so much info, I'm having a hard time finding what i'm looking for.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

The customer would pick from these options. We would review incoming orders to make sure they were self selected correctly based on address. 

1) Delivery Neighborhood 1 - $5

2) Delivery Neighborhood 2 - $5

3) Delivery Neighborhood 3 - $5

4) Pick up at Location 1 - FREE

5) Pick up at Location 2 - FREE

6) Shipping outside of neighborhoods, but within US - $6 Flat Rate 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hey, there.

Ren here from the Shopify support team. Hoping I can help out here!

I dug through our app options designed for local deliveries and couldn't find any that offered SMS notifications. That being said, you can still achieve the delivery, pick-up and notification system you described with a set of apps.

With Shopify's native shipping settings you can customize it down to the State but not down to the zip code, so this is where an app comes in to help. Store Pick-up & Delivery by Zapiet has the most comprehensive core features with the ability to integrate with POS and a handful of shipping apps. It will enable you to create multiple locations and offer both pick-up and delivery to your customers.

The next app to consider is Msg2Send which enables you to update your customers when they place a new order, or when their shipment status change (starting to deliver, in transit, failure, successful delivery).

There is another option to explore if having both features in one app is going to be optimal for you. You could reach out to a developer on the Shopify Expert Marketplace to help custom design this feature for your business needs. 

How did you come up with your pricing strategy for local deliveries? I hope I've been able to help!

Let me know what you think.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

Sorry about the late reply, thanks for the info. Still exploring options. 

0 Likes