Customer Unable to pay with stripe

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I've tried to buy a product on my site but after entering the credit card details I get this error message: "This connected account cannot currently make live charges. If you are a customer trying to make a purchase, please contact the owner of this site. Your transaction has not been processed."

So this is the message my customers are going to see.

I have verified my stripe account, so I can't understand what I did wrong. Is it a problem with shopify or stripe?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1052 88 117

Hi!

Ted here from Shopify. :-) 

This message is coming directly from Stripe. It sounds like your account might be in Stripes Test mode. or the account has not been fully activated. Can you make sure your account is activated as shown here? You'll need to fill the basic information in Stripe in order to get this working. Other than this, if everything has been submitted, I'd recommend reaching out to Stripes customer support directly. 

Let me know how this goes!

Thanks
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for you answer.

I've filled in every information required, but it's still the same.

But at least now I know the problem is Stripe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I know I'm over a year late but that's not true. It has nothing to do with Stripe because I get the same message you do when I use Shopify and I didn't have or use Stripe. I was told that I had to GET Stripe in order to fix the problem and it does nothing. My same message STILL occurs

@Tiberio_Zhou wrote:

Thank you for you answer.

I've filled in every information required, but it's still the same.

But at least now I know the problem is Stripe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi there @ahprinc3ss!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I can confirm that the information given by Ted here is, in fact, correct; though we would still like to provide any assistance necessary for your store here.

In order to do so, we will just need to look into the specifics of your account securely.

If you can send us an email to support@shopify.com from the address you use to log into the store account yourself and provide us with the ticket number you are given for this interaction, we can use this to access and discuss your account privately and securely.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is not always the case either. I work for Stripe and generally yes it is because the account is either not activated, In review or is in test mode when charges are being made but there is a lot of cases where the Stripe account is not linked to Shopify correctly. In these cases there is notinng Stripe can do and the user would need to reach back out to Shopify. We get these on a daily basis and it frustrates a lot of the user to be redirected back and forth....

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Maybe because you 're paying with the same card Stripe or Shopify recognized. Have you tried with a different card and user ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi mate, Did you find the solution ? I have the same issue but definitively the problem doesn't occur from Stripe but from Shopify. I am in the same case but for the moment, I am waiting an answer from the shopify support

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same issue but the payment goes thorough and mine doesn't occur until I try to fulfill the order on spocket. I'm in the process of talking with shopify and spocket. Shopify says that it would be an error with spocket and they are in the process of researching it. 

0 Likes