Customer asking for a shipping refund because the package was not received on time - Mail Express

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, good afternoon, my customer is asking for a shipping refund, since the package was received late.  I  tried to get the refund directly from USPS but they said that I need to do it online, and also the amount they received is less than the one I paid.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
716 24 239

Hey, Jeyfel!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

Which shipping rate did your customer pay for? Do USPS guarantee it will be delivered in a certain amount of time? If so, you may be entitled to make a claim with USPS but I'd need more information before I can help you find the answers on that one.

Normally, you would refund shipping within the order because that's where the customer paid for it. You would click this button:

You'd then key in the amount and hit the refund button:

I'll look out for your response. Once I have more information, I'll try again to help you.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Jeyfel, I would like to know your experience shipping with USPS. Are you getting frequent undelivered orders/late delivered orders? Are you using insurance while shipping?

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes