Customer claiming refund not received 30 days

MarlaCo
1 0 0

Hi,

I am looking for some help.  One of my customers is claiming that they haven't received a refund even though Shopify timeline clearly shows it as being sent.

Is there a way of proving that the funds were sent, other than sending a screen shot of the timeline?  Additionally, how do I contact Shopify to clarify that the funds have been sent?

Thanks, Chris

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 10.20.57 am.png

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 172

Hi, @MarlaCo,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, this was extremely valuable as I believe I have the resolution here for you.

What looks to have happened is that the order was both placed, and refunded on the same day, December 6. If the refund was processed between 24-72 when the order was first processed then it more than likely went through as a reversal on the customer's end. This means that there is no sign of a refund, but it actually removes the original charge for the order.

If it was partially refunded (part of the order), then the reversal that the customer would see would be the original payment, minus the refunded amount.

Can you query this with your customer to see if this is what shows on their end? If not, let me know, and I can query with the billing team to get you an ARN (Acquirer Reference Number) or a trace ID, which your customer can follow up with their bank on.

Let me know how you get on!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes