Customer claims received empty TUB

Highlighted
2 0 0

My business is sweets, mainly Haribo tubs and Swizzels Tubs. Customer made a medium sized order which was sent via courier.

The weight of all the items together comes to 9120g (9.12kg), the weight on the docket from courier is 10kg, the weight of the apparent missing product is a whole 1kg.

Also it is only me that packs the orders, and I think I would've noticed an empty Haribo tub, it is just not something I would lift up and not nice a completely empty tub, mixed with the fact, there is no empty tubs at all in my store room. Basically what I am saying here is I know 100% the item left me full, and with courier weighing in at 10kg double confirms that all products were indeed full as they left me and went with the courier.

So the customer emails me that she received an empty tub and what am I going to do about it. I asked about the main outer box did that looked tampered with in any way, she says not at all. So 1 of 2 things are happening here, if her claim that the main outer box was not tampered with (the big brown box all items were packaged into).

1. She is trying to pull a fast one and scam me

2. Someone in her household has had them and she doesn't know

My last mail to her was explaining that we take mail theft very seriously and I will contact the couriers authorities and also the police in her local area (i was hoping with it being a scam the word Police might make her give up) I also asked to please send me pictures of the big main outer brown box so myself and courier can investigate.

The reply was none of the above, she didn't send me any picture of the brown box as requested and basically shooting straight back at me to give her money or send her another tub of sweets.

Most situations for the sake of a £6 tub of sweets, I would just help out and replace or refund the customer, but it's not the amount here that's the problem, it's the fact this feels very scammy and I am in no way going to entertain a scam.

So of course i've come to the community for any sort of advice and help regarding this situation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So further for asking for her co-operation to get to the bottom of this matter, she has completely avoided sending me any pictures of the box or filing a report as I requested in the last email, and continues to order me to replace or refund, if I had something arrive apparently stolen and i was telling truth, yes ill be frustrated but I would most definitly co-operate with the seller to resolve the situation, never would I be rude enough to order them what I think "should" be done.

This is the email (bearing in mind, my previous mail to them was asking for pictures of the box and also to file the loss her end, none of which they did)

Hello,

As I had said in a previous email, the item was for a Christmas present. Am I going to get a refund or re-sent a new item to replace the “stolen” one? As it is close to Christmas and due to the pandemic money is tight and £50 is a lot of money I have spent on your company, especially not to receive one of the items I have already paid for. Essentially an empty box. I am expecting some form of settlement to make up for the missing item.
0 Likes