Customer orders without payment

pearlyjones
2 0 0

My client has a Shopify site that processes card payments for all customer orders.

He has asked if it is possible to set something up in Shopify so that one of his customers can order goods but not make payment via the site, and then he can bill them the total amount on account every month. Is there as way of doing this? 

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
415 44 87

Hello @pearlyjones 

You can create custom payment methods in  Settings -> Payments.

In the 'Manual payment methods' section, click the drop down, and the first option will be 'Create Custom Payment Method'

MelsMojoBob_0-1600091875755.png

A payment method called 'Monthly Billing' or something similar can be created. However, this will be visible to all customers at checkout. So it will be a good idea to include details to the effect of 'For approved customers only. If this payment method is used and you are not approved, your order will not be fulfilled and will be cancelled.'

MelsMojoBob_1-1600092264271.png

The verbiage I inserted here is just an example, of course, and your client should choose the best verbiage that fits his/her business and customer.

0 Likes
pearlyjones
2 0 0

Thank you. I'll give that a go. 

0 Likes
TVP
3 0 0

@BobsMojo If this option is chosen, does Shopify produce the monthly invoice or is this something you have to raise seperate from Shopify?

Also, is there a way to make this applicable to all users?

0 Likes