Customer requests refund which is give but then informs me the original card has been closed

1 0 0

Hello,

A customer has requested a refund. I issued the refund to the original card used and cancelled the order. The next day the customer sent me an email stating,

"this credit card was cancelled due to fraud yesterday.  I have another card en route to me, should be  here tomorrow. Do I need to give you the new card info to resend the money?"

I am trying to confirm the refund was not sent. In the analytics it shows the refund amount was taken out of my next deposit but if the customer is stating that the card was cancelled where did the refund go? If she didn't receive it and it has been taken out of my deposit then where is it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
840 50 107

Hi there Amber!

Don here from Shopify!

I've just sent you an email about this as we need to check this out in your account specifically so we need to observe our privacy and security protocols here. :)

If you can just reply to that email with the info requested we'll dig into this for you here.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I am in this situation with two of my customers. Please help, Don!

0 Likes