Customers are not able to put an order

Highlighted
4 0 0

I had a similar issue yesterday with Canada post shopify rate and it was due to a probleme with my ''default'' package size.
Even tho my package size does ship with canada post and technically does respect shopify parameter for a ''box package'', It wouldn't work and would show
shipping as unavailable for both US and international orders.
Hopefully it helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 94 134

Thank you for your insight, @MariemP it is very much appreciated!

I just want to confirm that this issue is now resolved for you? 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Hank 
Well I would love to understand why this is happening and why was my packaged causing this issue if it is respecting the shopify specification for a package.
(unless I misunderstood them in which case I would love to hear how that's actually working)
I did indeed find a work around and managed to make it work. But this is indeed still a work around.
I had to enter a ''fake'' packaged that will now be used to calculate the shipping rate as opposed to my actual package which is less than ideal.
I shouldn't have to ''hack'' the system to make this work.
Any insight?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 94 134

Can you tell me a bit more about what is happening as I'm not entirely sure I have understood your query?

When you mention your package, do you mean the default package located within Settings > Shipping or a range of packages within this section? Was it working prior to when you first noticed this or has there always been an issue with the product package type?

Or if you are needing more tips with regard to package types for Canada post, I have this guide from their website also.

There is of course some unsupported package types within Shopify shipping also, which I will share below.

31-03-mf10s-jajwvLet me know a bit more, and I'll continue to assist to ensure we have the best setup for your store.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes